what's new with or to zebby hourse
- "Occult blood" was published by ergot.– it's a small Horse piece.
. . . marking "My death"
- "Object markers; or, My death, an irratiocination" was published by Calamari Archive, Ink. in Sleepingfish 2020+.
- Ulrich Baer is running his Science Fiction Writing Workshop, beginning in May. It's perfect, and the book list is: Dhalgren.
- Rhinoceros– and William Gibson, as William Gibson– in Wild Palms (1993).
- In re: rhinoceros, Peter Grudzien's The unicorn (1974)– which Ulrich sent me years ago.
J Lo at Jajouka
- Shirley Collins– and hooden horses– in "Death and the lady", the video released for Lodestar (Domino, 2016).
- Jennifer Lopez riding across the desert to Deadvlei, while the Master Musicians play– the opening sequence of The cell (2000).
- Gabrielle Wittkop; Anthems in Eden (Harvest, 1969)– cf. Anthems in Eden (Castle Music, 2006); Boy soprano (Non-Standard, 1985); Derek Bailey playing with the radio on Domestic jungle (scatterArchive, 2022); Joyce Mansour's Cris; Peter Lorre in Arsenic and old lace (1944); the magazine Bourbon Penn.
Wastelands / Dead Futures
- Ulrich Baer runs the workshop The Poiesis of the Wastes this fall: enroll to read Delany's Stars in My Pocket [...] and Anna Kavan's Ice– and, for the sake of yr spec. this workshop is tentatively set for any time now, I think; Ulrich is an incredible teacher, facilitator, collaborator, mentor...!
- Masayuki Takayanagi New Direction Unit, April is the Cruellest Month (Blank Forms, 2019): as says Eliot, "My Friend, Blood Shaking My Heart"– when this line makes my book, it's all Takayanagi.
- Transversals is reading for Issue #5 Dead Futures: this is the Deleuzian zine, and it's gorgeous always.
- The Cardigans, First Band on the Moon (Stockholm Mercury, 1996): entries in hauntology "Happy Meal II" and "Heartbreaker"– the latter with bizarre Black Sabbath quotations.
ask me about, anytime:
- Children's picturebook workshops for experimental writers.
- Vernacular and nontraditional approaches to five- and six-string banjo, guitar, etc.
- Disassembling toy metallophones.